Cobra Clean Instructions
A Safe Biodegradable, Non-Acidic, Non Caustic
Clean your Diesel Particulate Filters, EGR
Valves and EGR Coolers with ease!
1. Remove from vehicle
2. Lay in bucket on its side.
i. EGR Valves and Coolers stand-up, do not get any electric connections wet.
3. Completely submerse in Cobra Clean Solution
4. On occasion lift drain and rotate DPF.
5. Let soak +/- 24 hours, completely drain Cobra Clean out of filter.
i. 13-14 gallons of Cobra Clean can clean 2-3 DPF's depending on soot, use until it cleans
6. Remove and rinse over filtered wash rack until carbon dissipates and clean water passes
through filter with ease.
i. Use a flat round head garden hose sprayer, hold directly over while touching filter,
helps you to stay dry.
7. Dry with air hose, shop-vac, fan, sun
8. Reinstall after completely dry.
- When you see the Cobra Clean solution is dark black, it is a good indication the
Carbon/Soot has been released from the filter.
- In the event a DPF is extremely dirty or was cleaned with other chemicals it may need
to soak longer.
- In the event a DPF filter is damaged or spent due to heat cleaning it will not drain and
release Carbon/soot easily. Time to replace the filter.
- Use nitrile or vinyl gloves for hand protection.
- Use standard shop eye protection.
- Cobra Clean is non-caustic, non-acidic, and biodegradable.
- Cobra Clean will not burn skin or clothing, but we recommend using protection due to potential skin sensitivity.
- Use in a ventilated area.
- Allow equipment to cool before cleaning.
- Dispose of sludge and waste water properly
Printed version (click here)
MSDS (click here)